Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/02/05 20:09:14 UTC

[Velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityTools" by NathanBubna

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NathanBubna:
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/VelocityTools

The comment on the change is:
fix links

   * Velocity-View provides a time-tested servlet and tools for Velocity-based web applications.
   * Velocity-Struts - a robust and easy-to-implement alternative to JSP for Struts Webapps.

- '''Velocity Tools 1.2 is now available!'''
+ '''Velocity Tools 1.3-rc1 is now available!'''

- Both source and binary distributions are [http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_velocity.cgi available for download] through the the usual Apache mirror sites.  Please remember to verify the
+ Both source and binary distributions are [http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi available for download] through the the usual Apache mirror sites.  Please remember to verify the
- signatures of the distribution using the keys found on the main [http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity-tools/KEYS Apache website] when downloading
+ signatures of the distribution using the keys found on the main [http://www.apache.org/dist/velocity/KEYS Apache website] when downloading
  from a mirror.

  ==== Useful Links ====
-  * [http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/ Project Website]
+  * [http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/ Project Website]
   * [http://www.jajakarta.org/velocity/tools/ Project Website in Japanese]
-  * [http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/velocity/tools/trunk/ ViewCVS/SVN]
+  * [http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/velocity/tools/trunk/ ViewCVS/SVN]

  ==== Contributed Code and Examples ====

@@ -45, +45 @@

   * EscapeTool -- A generic Tool that works with escaping.  Depends on commons-lang 2.0.

  ==== Velocimacro Library ====
+ The mailing list often has questions/suggestions for for common macros.  We'd like to gather the good ones in our VelocimacroLibrary. :) And this is a Wiki, so contributions are very welcome!

   * VelocityGenericMacros -- non-web macros, applicable in '''any''' Velocity setting, these might make use of the Generic Tools.

-  * VelocityViewMacros -- web-oriented macro and/or make use of Velocity View tools (using the recommended keys!)
+  * VelocityViewMacros -- web-oriented macro and/or make use of !VelocityView tools (using the recommended keys!)

   * VelocityStrutsMacros -- applicable for !VelocityStruts applications, and will generally but optionally use the Velocity-Struts tools (using recommended keys!).