Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2007/01/07 22:31:20 UTC

Velocity site is now online

Hi,

if you have already updated your bookmarks from
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/ to http://velocity.apache.org/,
then you probably noticed that the wrapper site is now live.

It might not be perfect (yet!) but I hope it is a step in the right
direction.

Unfortunately it currently requires a bit of Maven trickery to get set
up correctly, so I will simply rebuild the site when there are
changes.

I've opened a ticket with infra to get a Zone (our own virtual server
on zones.apache.org), once we have that I will set this up to rebuild
the site once or twice a day (or just on demand) so you do not have to
fool around with maven.

I've opened a bunch of tickets with the doxia and maven folks (most
notably site and project-info plugins) where I found bugs / unexpected
behaviour; I hope that over time this will all shake down.

My current road map now points full steam ahead finishing the docbook
documentation and get the engine docs in shape.

T - 14 and counting. ;-)

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: Velocity site is now online

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> writes:

I also spead some propaganda on www.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org
and removed the velocity pages from the jakarta site.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> writes:

>Well done!

>One little thing: since many people are going to come to see this new
>baby, it would be cool to have the VelocityTools 1.3-beta1 listed in the
>Release Status table. This would make this beta less intimate...

Sure! Change it in velocity/site/site/src/site/xdoc/index.xml

And I'd love to have a news item (which must be added to
velocity/site/site/src/site/news.xml) for it.

If you do it, I will build the site. ;-)

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Well done!

One little thing: since many people are going to come to see this new
baby, it would be cool to have the VelocityTools 1.3-beta1 listed in the
Release Status table. This would make this beta less intimate...

  Claude