Posted to dev@johnzon.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/11/23 09:15:39 UTC

JSON-P resources

Hi Folks!

I found quite a few bits in the JSON-P 1.1 spec which I think should get discussed again.
Thus I will create tickets over there so we can better track what got changed.

Here are a few resources

Official bug tracker:
https://java.net/jira/browse/JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC

An inofficial source mirror (used by the EG):
https://github.com/json-processing-inofficial/jsonp

Our own spec jar:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-json_1.1_spec

The EG mail archives:
https://java.net/projects/json-processing-spec/lists

hope that helps.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: JSON-P resources

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1, when I see tickets like
https://java.net/jira/browse/JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-72 it makes me crazy. Of
course there are the LOC but the main point is enable vendors to do their
job vs just doing one implementation in javax.* which kind of break the
whole spec beauty and richness. Only tolerated code for the spec itself
should be 1. the provider loading (we can't help it) 2. the delegation to
the provider 3. (tolerated but shouldnt) helper method fully delegating to
others like Json.createReader(r). Any other implementation, even trivial,
locks the vendors.

Romain Manni-Bucau