Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org> on 2015/12/03 00:44:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite official chatroom

Hello users, Hello team!

The Apache Ignite PMC is pleased to announce that the project now has an
official chatroom on Gitter: https://gitter.im/apacheignite/ignite.

Come join us there! All you need is a Github account.

We've updated the Ignite website accordingly:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#chatroom, as well as our
README.md for Github users.

Regards,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite official chatroom

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Raul,

Thanks a lot, gitter is great!

It seems that the Ignite fork in GIT is not automatically updated.
Specifically, your pretty Readme.md is not showing. Any ideas how to fix?

I see new MD here: https://github.com/apache/ignite

--Yakov

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite official chatroom

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Where did you click?

Unfortunately it's a manual process:
https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@gridgain.com>.
Fork is just another git repository, so "git merge" will sync it:
https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/

Personally, I never use or sync master branch in my fork (I only work in
feature branches and merge to them from upstream).

Thanks,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:30 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Specifically, your pretty Readme.md is not showing. Any ideas how to
> fix?
> > >

> > I had to sync it up manually. I thought that GH had an option to keep
> forks
> > synced as long as they hadn't diverged. I was mistaken.
> > If the community feels keeping them sync'ed at all times is necessary, we
> > can look into setting up an automatic job somewhere...
>

> I don’t think it is worthwhile to set up a job, however, I’d like to learn
> how to do the manual sync up. Where did you click?

Pavel Tupitsyn
GridGain Systems, Inc.
www.gridgain.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite official chatroom

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Raul,

Thanks a lot, gitter is great!

It seems that the Ignite fork in GIT is not automatically updated.
Specifically, your pretty Readme.md is not showing. Any ideas how to fix?

D.