Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 19:07:38 UTC

hadoop 2.4.0?

Hi all,
How stable is hadoop 2.4.0? what are the known issues? anyone has done an
extensive testing on it?
Thanks in advance..

Re: hadoop 2.4.0?

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There are some known issues and blockers of 2.4.1 release.
You can check it with the following query of JIRAs:
(project = "Hadoop Common" OR project = "Hadoop HDFS" OR project =
"Hadoop YARN" OR project = "Hadoop Map/Reduce") AND "Target Version/s"
= 2.4.1 AND priority = Blocker

YARN-1929 and YARN-1934 can be critical if you're using RM-HA on some situation.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

Re: hadoop 2.4.0?

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop 2.4.0 doesn't has the known issue now. I think it's a stable release
even if it's not in the stable download list. the only one issue I met is
that you should upgrade Hive to Hive-0.12.0 after upgrade to 2.4.0 for the
API compatible.

Re: hadoop 2.4.0?

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,