Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ty...@hotmail.com on 2002/10/02 18:54:03 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 4.0.2 hanging

I'm running Tomcat 4.0.2.  A few times a day I try to go to my site and
nothing happens, or sometimes I get an Internal Server Error. I'm able to
bring up html pages, so Apache is running fine. I restart Tomcat (sometimes
more than once) and all is good. I've tried rebooting the server and that
doesn't do the trick either. It just fixes it temporarilly.

I've been trying to troubleshoot the problem, but I'm relatively new to
Tomcat. Any advice on what I should be looking at?

I have looked at my catalina.out file, and the last error is always:

WebappClassLoader: Additional JARs have been added
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:82)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.setRepositories
(WebappLoader.java:1005)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start (WebappLoader.java:628)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:2421)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappContextNotifier.run(WebappLoader.java:1329)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I *suspect* this has something to do with my problem, but I'm not sure. Any
ideas or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Tyson