Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Avnish Pundir <ap...@cisco.com> on 2002/03/26 18:25:05 UTC

mod_perl install problem

Hi,
As per description given in http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html page,
I tried installing mod_perl from
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer. I was able to
install mod_perl using PPM but as mentioned in above page about copying
mod_perl.so in apache/module directory, I am not able to see it in my
apache/module directory. I am using Win2k, Apache 1.3.24. I am not running
apache as service. I guess post-installation script is looking for any
variable or something alike which I am not having in my system variables.
Could any one please tell me what should I do in order to get it installed.

I tried copying mod_perl.so from
ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe but when I load
the library in httpd file I get error
"specified procedure could not be found". Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Avnish

Re: mod_perl install problem

Posted by Avnish Pundir <ap...@cisco.com>.
Yes it's working. Thanks Randy.
-Avnish
On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Avnish Pundir wrote:

> Hi,
> As per description given in http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html
page,
> I tried installing mod_perl from
> http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer. I was able
> install mod_perl using PPM but as mentioned in above page about copying
> mod_perl.so in apache/module directory, I am not able to see it in my
> apache/module directory. I am using Win2k, Apache 1.3.24. I am not running
> apache as service. I guess post-installation script is looking for any
> variable or something alike which I am not having in my system variables.
> Could any one please tell me what should I do in order to get it
installed.

I've heard some beta ppm clients don't have the ability
yet to run post-installation scripts.

> I tried copying mod_perl.so from
> ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe but when I
load
> the library in httpd file I get error
> "specified procedure could not be found". Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

The mod_perl.so in that distribution most probably isn't
compatible with your apache version. What you could do is
get the file mod_perl-1.26_1.3.23.tar.gz from
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/x86/
which, when unpacked, will contain a mod_perl.so file
(plus a blib/ subdirectory). Copy this mod_perl.so to
your Apache modules, and see if that works (this one
is built against apache_1.3.23, which I think will work
against 1.3.24 - if not, I'm going to update it shortly).

best regards,
randy kobes

Re: mod_perl install problem

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.