Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Johan Haleby <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/11 12:23:49 UTC

Dynamic from endpoint

Hi,

I need to dynamically configure "from" endpoints at runtime. The reason is
that I need to poll RSS URI's and an administrator must be able to add or
remove which RSS URI's to poll at run-time (from a web interface). What's
the preferred way to achieve this?

/Johan

Re: Dynamic from endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Read about using property placeholders with Camel.
There is a link from the user guide

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Bazzer <ba...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to do the same thing, but we're using the Spring DSL. I was wondering
> if there was a way to use variable substitution, so I could change a bunch
> of routes at startup without changing all my route definitions, something
> like:
>

> with my routes defined like:
>

> or:

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Dynamic from endpoint

Re: Dynamic from endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Johan Haleby <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to dynamically configure "from" endpoints at runtime. The reason is
> that I need to poll RSS URI's and an administrator must be able to add or
> remove which RSS URI's to poll at run-time (from a web interface). What's
> the preferred way to achieve this?

You can add / remove routes at runtime, for example using the API on
CamelContext.

> /Johan

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource