Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sujith Mathew <su...@richsoft.com> on 2002/07/19 03:05:34 UTC

My outgoing mail server requires authentication

Hi,

Is "My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication" supported in James??.

Thanks
Sujith

RE: My outgoing mail server requires authentication

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is "My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication" supported in
James??.

Check the archives.  There is information on the subject, but I confess that
I haven't paid much attention.  Instead, we use two different techniques in
our deployment.  One, we use RemoteAddrNotInNetwork to discard relay
attempts from people not in our subnet.  Two, for mobile users, we use SSH
to create a tunnel to the local SMTP port.  That also keeps the e-mail
encrypted across the open net (which is why we often tunnel POP3 when
travelling).

	--- Noel

RE: My outgoing mail server requires authentication

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Yes.  Use the authRequired configuration parameter in the SMTP server
configuration.

--Peter