Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by fierof2 <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/15 07:14:29 UTC

Getting ntml error message when accessing a url through JMeter

Hi All

I am new to JMeter. I am currently doing a performance testing of a web
application using Jmeter. This web application uses Windows authentication.
When I am generating the request i am getting the following message in the
response section of the "View Results Tree"

An NTLM Token was received.Your browser configuration is correct, but you
have not logged into a supported Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Domain.
Please login to the application using the normal login page.

I came to know that for windows authentication we need to use Http
Authorization manager above the Http Request element.
This is the input i have given

Base url: http://localhost:3030
username: m1/userid
password:pass

I also tried changing
Base url: http://localhost:3030
username:userid
domain: m1
password:pass

I am still not able to resolve the issue. I would be great if someone could
help me in resolving the above issue in JMeter. I also dont understand what
is Realm, whether it is required or not and why

Thanks and Regards
Fierof2

Re: Getting ntml error message when accessing a url through JMeter

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

On 04/18/2011 11:28 AM, fierof2 wrote:
> Hi Felix
>
> I would access this application from a remote machine and I have also
> installed JMeter in the remote machine.When I try to open this application
> from my local machine in a browse I am getting the webpage with following
> message in it.

why would you open the application with a local browser? Isn't the point
of the remote machine to access the application from there?

> "SPNEGO authentication is not supported on this client".

You will need to get help from your local net admins or application
developers on this one. Or maybe someone else in this forum will speak
up with an idea.

Regards,
Felix

Re: Getting ntml error message when accessing a url through JMeter

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 04/18/2011 10:22 AM, fierof2 wrote:
> Hi Felix
>
> Thanks a lot for coming forward to help me. Can you please let me know how I
> can test this outside the domain.

That depends on your environment.

Is it possible to use your machine without logging into the domain?

Are there *NIX terminal servers available that you can SSH into and use
as Jmeter machines?

Maybe you can even record your test plan from home :-)

I really don't know, I hope you can figure something out.

Regards,
Felix

Re: Getting ntml error message when accessing a url through JMeter

Posted by fierof2 <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Felix

Thanks a lot for coming forward to help me. Can you please let me know how I
can test this outside the domain.

Fiero

Re: Getting ntml error message when accessing a url through JMeter

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 04/15/2011 07:14 AM, fierof2 wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am new to JMeter. I am currently doing a performance testing of a web
> application using Jmeter. This web application uses Windows authentication.
> When I am generating the request i am getting the following message in the
> response section of the "View Results Tree"
>
> An NTLM Token was received.Your browser configuration is correct, but you
> have not logged into a supported Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Domain.
> Please login to the application using the normal login page.

Hi,

sounds to me as if your Test Plan shouldn't rely on your Windows logon.

Can you record one while not logged into the domain? It seems that would
present a login page to you, that your test plan can correctly
authenticate to.

HTH,
Felix