Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2022/06/03 21:48:53 UTC

Re: Problems with logging to karaf.log from liquibase >3

> Hi Steinar,
> We're using liquibase 3.8.0 in Karaf, higher 3.x versions are missing
> 'javax.activation' import. We have no liquibase-logging like you mention.

Ah, but I do have logging on version 3.8.0 (3.0.8 was a typo, sorry!).

Try adding this dependency to your maven bundle project for the bundle
that uses liquibase:
 https://github.com/steinarb/liquibase-karaf-feature#using-liquibase-from-a-generated-karaf-feature

The dependency will add a feature dependency that will pull in liquibase
as a runtime dependency, together with an OSGi fragment bundle that adds
karaf logging.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for later version 3 liquibases, because
of the javax.activation issue.

And the approach doesn't work for liquibase 4.x unfortunately. :-/

> Waiting for Liquibase 4.8.1 with Jakub's fix..

I will check this out, thanks!

Sorry about the late reply!  I got sidetracked.