Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by "Matthew P. Schmidt" <ma...@dzone.com> on 2007/07/14 22:17:44 UTC

Problem telling roller to use custom FileManager

Hi guys.  We're in the middle of trying to replace the stock
FileManagerImpl with our own implementation and there are two issues.
First, getRealPath is private, which if it wasn't, we could just
subclass FileManagerImpl and change that code, since its private, it
looks like we need to copy nearly all the code.  Second, it doesn't
appear that the property in roller-custom.properties:

persistence.filemanager.classname=org.apache.roller.business.FileManagerImpl

is actually doing anything :)  Is this the right property to override?
We're running 3.1 right now on Tomcat 6.

-Matt