Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Veena Basavaraj <vb...@cloudera.com> on 2014/11/25 01:46:38 UTC

sqoop confluence wiki

Hey all,

I am proposing to give some TLC to our wiki.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Home

Its been a while this wiki has been re-orged. Lot has happened in the past
few months in Sqoop2 and one of my suggestions was to have a good list of
design wiki for new features post 1.99.4.

I would like to model the SQOOP a bit similar to how the Kafka project has
done it. ( Blatant copy infact !)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Index

Let me know if anyone has any reservations or feedback.

Both are welcome!

Best,
*./Vee*

Re: sqoop confluence wiki

Posted by Veena Basavaraj <vb...@cloudera.com>.
So I take this as a go for the re-org of wiki per release.

1. It will give the community a better view of the feature designs. If
someone prefers a google doc, please do so and make that info available on
this wiki via link.

2. In the 1.99.4 I updated a lot of the docs (.rst), Even though I am not a
big fan of the format we are using, Having feature complete guides in one
place in .rst is what I recommend as well

Having said that, if someone wants to write an extensive guide/ blog posts
/ some technical chops related to the feature they implemented, please feel
free to link them off this wiki. I will have a section for papers/
presentations/ blog posts to do that.

Best,
*./Vee*

Re: sqoop confluence wiki