Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> on 2010/08/27 05:54:07 UTC

Confluence Space Merge

Hi Guys,

I would like to bring up again trying to organise an effort to clean up
and better arrange our wiki spaces. Now that Confluence has been
upgraded to 3.2 we can now restrict access to pages based on groups [1]
so that the pages that should not be edited can stay that way and the
ones that are open can also be open all within the same space.

There are methods for moving pages from the space to space [2] or if we
want to leave a redirect from the old page to the new page then we could
either request a macro to be installed in Confluence [3] or otherwise
keep the old space and just write a note saying the content has moved
and give a link to the new page URL.

[1] - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF32/Page+Restrictions
[2] -
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF32/Moving+a+family+of+pages+from+one+space+to+another
[3] - https://www.adaptavist.com/display/AtlassianConfluence/redirect+macro

Sam

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sam,

From: "Sam Hamilton" <sa...@sh81.com>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to bring up again trying to organise an effort to clean up
> and better arrange our wiki spaces. Now that Confluence has been
> upgraded to 3.2 we can now restrict access to pages based on groups [1]
> so that the pages that should not be edited can stay that way and the
> ones that are open can also be open all within the same space.

Yes that sounds like a plan indeed. We just need to get a consensus (should be ok I guess since it's better for the project) and
organize ouselves in order to do the migration...

> There are methods for moving pages from the space to space [2] or if we
> want to leave a redirect from the old page to the new page then we could
> either request a macro to be installed in Confluence [3] or otherwise
> keep the old space and just write a note saying the content has moved
> and give a link to the new page URL.

I'd prefer to move forevermore. Maybe a bit more work but it would allow to reorganize better. It could be done by different persons
for different spaces. We simply need to agree on what and how itr should be done.

Jacques

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
correction I was on the stable not the trunk
here is the link
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/showHelp?helpTopic=navigateHelp

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/28/2010 8:21 PM:

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I guess your right, I was looking at the access logs of my demo

I did do a search of google for
ofbiz (compoent name)_ and got hits.
such as
Catalog Administration Main Page. Edit Catalog with Catalog ID: ...
Powered by Apache OFBiz - Release-revision : trunk-987996; 8/24/10 5:43
AM - British ...
demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/login/main?...ofbiz - Cached
Real link:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/catalog/control/login/main?USERNAME=demoadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz

it was #3
and
Aug 20, 2010 ... OFBiz: Catalog Manager ยท Logout. Welcome THE PRIVILEGED
ADMINISTRATOR[flexadmin]. Default Organization : Your Company Name Here
[Company] ...
https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main?... - Cached
real link:
https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main?externalLoginKey=EL181319230655

which supports that they are using the home page of ofbiz then going to
other components

could be the help is somewhere in the About 18,700 results

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Sam Hamilton sent the following on 8/29/2010 5:52 PM:

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I don't have time to search the 18,000
+ links.
I expect though as we add content and even put a last update date on the
pages that it will start to show.
I notice with the same search for ofbiz catalog that the wiki pages did
not show for the Catalog manager.
I expect they are also in the 18000+ links but because they are
static(don't change) they are not very high in the ranking.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Sam Hamilton sent the following on 8/30/2010 2:45 AM:

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I do a lot of google to find things.
what i find is that unless I am pretty close the hits do no show up in
the first few pages. and I am amazed of the pages I don't find in google
from the wiki. They get posted in the ML or I stumble on them by mistake.

google SEO has changed over the years.
the main key to getting ranking is page modification.
or Adding content.

to answer your question, if Docbooks can run on apache httpd, then it is
a simple script to copy what is in the svn to website, like we use to
do,  and still do for DTD's (xsd).

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Sam Hamilton sent the following on 9/2/2010 12:22 AM:

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
Hi Guys,

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Sam Hamilton" <sa...@sh81.com>

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
nice clean and lively
also a company with paid staff instead of volenteers.

feel welcome to help with the Docs we have.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

james_sg sent the following on 8/30/2010 1:37 AM:

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by james_sg <sn...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Confluence Space Merge

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.