Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Alexander <al...@meetingsphere.com> on 2013/10/16 14:33:11 UTC

[FLEX-28934] Modal windows aren't modal on Mobile devices

Did anybody experience the problem where modal windows aren't modal on
mobile devices?

In other words you can click on buttons covered by the modal mask.
(Mostly it requires two or three clicks)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-28934

I tried to add modify the PopUpManagerImpl by adding more mouse event
(MOUSE_UP, MOUSE_DOWN, CLICK, DOUBLE_CLICK) and touch event listeners
(TOUCH_TAB, TOUCH_BEGIN) to it, to stop immediate event propagation and
prevent default. The event listeners get called but components behind
the modal mask can still be clicked.

Does anybody know a workaround?

Thanks in advance
Alexander

Re: [FLEX-28934] Modal windows aren't modal on Mobile devices

Posted by Alexander <al...@meetingsphere.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did try a darker less transparent modal box, but the box correctly
covers the whole screen.
But anyway someone who had the issue last year just posted a workaround
in the bug report, which works for me (Using a stage level mouse
listener to prevent default and propagation).

He also mentioned that he no longer has this problem. So it's probably
something with my app, would be interesting to know what could cause
this, but will not spend time on it

Thanks,

Alexander