Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/05/25 21:54:32 UTC

PMC stuff

Hey All,

Many of us are new at this PMC stuff, so I thought I would send out a few helpful pointers:

PMC
http://www.apache.org/dev/#pmc

Releases:
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases

Voting:

At the same time, we have a few "old hats" around, so don't be afraid to ask if you have questions.

The other thing to note, most every conversation we have should be handled on dev@m.a.o (or maybe we setup general@mahout.a.o, WDYT?  I kind of don't like mixing PMC discussion on the dev list.  In Lucene, we use general@ for public PMC stuff) except those that require discretion (committership votes, personal issues, etc. )  When in doubt, you can start private, but don't be surprised if there is then a suggestion to re-ask in public.  Transparency is a good thing!

Cheers,
Grant

Re: PMC stuff

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Tue Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Many of us are new at this PMC stuff, so I thought I would send out a
> few helpful pointers:

Thanks.

> At the same time, we have a few "old hats" around, so don't be afraid
> to ask if you have questions.

:) Good to know.

> The other thing to note, most every conversation we have should be
> handled on dev@m.a.o (or maybe we setup general@mahout.a.o, WDYT?

Fine by me.

> I kind of don't like mixing PMC discussion on the dev list.  In Lucene,
> we use general@ for public PMC stuff) except those that require
> discretion (committership votes, personal issues, etc. )  When in
> doubt, you can start private, but don't be surprised if there is then
> a suggestion to re-ask in public.  Transparency is a good thing!

+1 to transparency and discussing as much as possible on dev@ or
potentially general@

Isabel