Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Aidan McGurn <Ai...@openwave.com> on 2012/06/08 23:48:19 UTC

attribute T and tunnelling

Hi,
(I checked the forums - apologies if I missed this somewhere already)  I had a quick question on what the use case is for configuring ATS with attribute 'T' i.e.
This attribute SERVER_PORT_BLIND_TUNNEL is only set when configured with 'T' which implies  HandleBlindTunnel the main tunnelling routine (used I presume for fast path traffic) is only called when this is set.
My understanding is fast path (tunnelled non-HTTP)  traffic would happen in a IP transparent setup. This implied I would have expected if I configure the ATS with 'T', then it should start a transparent socket (like it does for '=') but also enable blind tunnelling - however when I try this I see:
[Jun  8 14:54:09.275] Server {46983244022880} DEBUG: (http_tproxy) Primary listen socket transparency is off

So I'm confused what the use case for 'T'  is?
Any insight appreciated;
Thanks,
/aidan

(as an aside I may have stumbled on an issue in ATS - when I send non-HTTP traffic through it appears like sometimes it incorrectly identifies it as HTTP traffic depending on spaces in the string - will look at this to get more data on it)

Re: attribute T and tunnelling

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
I think it is intended for use with the CONNECT method.