Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/31 08:33:45 UTC

GitHub Merging

Hi Jeff and Jongyoul,
it seems that you have changed the way of merging pull requests into the
Zeppelin master branch.

The following pull request
(https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/4332) looks great in GitHub
(marked as merged) and in the commit histroy
(https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/commit/4b60f08bd0ad241a7b197d7165abbb7c066ec979)
with a link into the Apache JIRA.

How did you achieve this?

I failed with the pull request https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/4337

I merged the last pull requests with the `./dev/merge_zeppelin_pr.py`
script, but this script closes the pull requests, which does not look
good in GitHub.

Best Regards
Philipp

Re: GitHub Merging

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
> BTW, we also need to update the jira ticket if using github merge

Ah ... I should keep it in mind. :-)

2022년 4월 7일 (목) 오후 4:15, Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: GitHub Merging

Posted by Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I will try this out.

Re: GitHub Merging

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Jongyoul's right, I think both approaches work. BTW, we also need to update

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: GitHub Merging