Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Barry, Sean F" <se...@intel.com> on 2012/04/28 21:46:11 UTC

Can’t stop hadoop daemons

hduser@master:~> /usr/java/jdk1.7.0/bin/jps

20907 TaskTracker

20629 SecondaryNameNode

25863 Jps

20777 JobTracker

20383 NameNode

20507 DataNode

hduser@master:~> stop-

stop-all.sh       stop-balancer.sh  stop-dfs.sh       stop-mapred.sh

hduser@master:~> stop-all.sh

no jobtracker to stop

master: no tasktracker to stop

slave: no tasktracker to stop

no namenode to stop

master: no datanode to stop

slave: no datanode to stop

master: no secondarynamenode to stop

hduser@master:~>

as you can see jps shows that the daemons are running but I cant stop them with the stop-all.sh command.

Does anyone have an idea for why this is happening ?

-SB

Re: Can’t stop hadoop daemons

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Sean,

One cause I can think of is that your PID directory is on /tmp or so,
and the original saved PID files got cleared away by tmpwatch, leading
to this state.

To fix such a flaw, export HADOOP_PID_DIR in hadoop-env.sh to a more
persistent location (such as within HADOOP_HOME/pids itself, say).

What version of Hadoop are you using though?

--
Harsh J

RE: Can’t stop hadoop daemons

Posted by "Barry, Sean F" <se...@intel.com>.