Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Aida Davila <ai...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/24 18:51:34 UTC

Schedule a job

Hi!

I hope you can help me.
I need to run a method daily as a night process.
Do you have an example of how to do it? and what do I need to configure?

Regards
Aida

Re: Schedule a job

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Aida,

What we tend to do is to run an instance of Quartz [1].  This can then run
a (Quartz) Job which delegates to a subtype of AbstractIsisSessionTemplate
[2] to do the actual work.

If you take a look at [3] then it might give you some further ideas, though
it's probably more complex than your requirement because that also deals
with background persisted commands, which I don't think you are interested
in.

Hope that helps
Dan

PS: you can get more immediate help on our slack channel, at [4]

[1] http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/
[2]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/ugbtb/ugbtb.html#_ugbtb_headless-access_AbstractIsisSessionTemplate
[3]