Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2020/10/11 17:09:14 UTC

Apache PDFBox Board Report October 2020 due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. It's based upon the report wizard template which can be found at [1]

Any comments or additions are appreciated ...

<draft>

The mission of PDFBox is the creation and maintenance of software related to
Java library for working with PDF documents

## Issues:
There are no issue requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache PDFBox was founded 2009-10-21 (11 years ago)
There are currently 21 committers and 21 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Matthäus Mayer on 2017-10-16.
- No new committers. Last addition was Joerg O. Henne on 2017-10-09.

## Project Activity:
Recent releases:

     2.0.21 was released on 2020-08-20.
     2.0.20 was released on 2020-05-07.
     2.0.19 was released on 2020-02-23.

## Community Health:
- there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
   mailing lists
- the improvement of the on demand parser in the trunk is an ongoing effort
- there are a lot of refactorings, improvements and bugfixes (selected choice
   follows)
-- support for compressed object streams contributed by Christian Appl
    (ongoing)
-- performance enhancements contributed by Alfred Faltiska
-- support for incremental updates
-- improve test coverage an code quality

</draft>

Andreas

[1] https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/?pdfbox

Re: Apache PDFBox Board Report October 2020 due

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1

Tilman

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

+1
Maruan

> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
> month. It's based upon the report wizard template which can be found at [1]
>
> Any comments or additions are appreciated ...
>
> <draft>

> The mission of PDFBox is the creation and maintenance of software related to
> Java library for working with PDF documents
>
> ## Issues:
> There are no issue requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Membership Data:
> Apache PDFBox was founded 2009-10-21 (11 years ago)
> There are currently 21 committers and 21 PMC members in this project.
> The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.
>
> Community changes, past quarter:
> - No new PMC members. Last addition was Matthäus Mayer on 2017-10-16.
> - No new committers. Last addition was Joerg O. Henne on 2017-10-09.
>
> ## Project Activity:
> Recent releases:
>
>      2.0.21 was released on 2020-08-20.
>      2.0.20 was released on 2020-05-07.
>      2.0.19 was released on 2020-02-23.
>
> ## Community Health:
> - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
>    mailing lists
> - the improvement of the on demand parser in the trunk is an ongoing effort
> - there are a lot of refactorings, improvements and bugfixes (selected choice
>    follows)
> -- support for compressed object streams contributed by Christian Appl
>     (ongoing)
> -- performance enhancements contributed by Alfred Faltiska
> -- support for incremental updates
> -- improve test coverage an code quality
>
> </draft>
>
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/?pdfbox

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Re: Apache PDFBox Board Report October 2020 due

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your reviews. I've submitted the report as is.

Andreas

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Timo

Am 11.10.20 um 19:09 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit
> this
> month. It's based upon the report wizard template which can be found at [1]
>
> Any comments or additions are appreciated ...
>
> <draft>

> The mission of PDFBox is the creation and maintenance of software
> related to
> Java library for working with PDF documents
>
> ## Issues:
> There are no issue requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Membership Data:
> Apache PDFBox was founded 2009-10-21 (11 years ago)
> There are currently 21 committers and 21 PMC members in this project.
> The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.
>
> Community changes, past quarter:
> - No new PMC members. Last addition was Matthäus Mayer on 2017-10-16.
> - No new committers. Last addition was Joerg O. Henne on 2017-10-09.
>
> ## Project Activity:
> Recent releases:
>
>      2.0.21 was released on 2020-08-20.
>      2.0.20 was released on 2020-05-07.
>      2.0.19 was released on 2020-02-23.
>
> ## Community Health:
> - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions
> on the
>    mailing lists
> - the improvement of the on demand parser in the trunk is an ongoing effort
> - there are a lot of refactorings, improvements and bugfixes (selected
> choice
>    follows)
> -- support for compressed object streams contributed by Christian Appl
>     (ongoing)
> -- performance enhancements contributed by Alfred Faltiska
> -- support for incremental updates
> -- improve test coverage an code quality
>
> </draft>
>
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/?pdfbox

OntoChem GmbH
Blücherstraße 24
06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany

phone: +49 345 478 047 4        | fax: +49 345 478 047 1
email: timo.boehme@ontochem.com | web: www.ontochem.com
HRB 215461 Amtsgericht Stendal  | USt-IdNr.: DE246232735
managing director : Lutz Weber