Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Norris Merritt <no...@peregrine.com> on 2003/01/03 17:33:46 UTC

RE: consuming document-style web services

 You can consume a document style service with an RPC-style client. For
example, if you download the wsdl for the "Shakespeare" service (which is a
fun little document-style service on xmethods) and feed it to the Axis
wsdl2java tool, it will generate Java objects which can be used to
communicate RPC-style with the service. I've done this, so I know it works.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
In practical terms, If you run wsdl2java against SalesnRankNPrice WSDL (details at
http://www.xmethods.com/ve2/ViewListing.po?serviceid=192).  You can use the following code to get
the price of a book with ISBN #0672321815 from Amazon.

com.PerfectXML.www.SalesRankNPriceSoap binding = new
com.PerfectXML.www.SalesRankNPriceLocator().getSalesRankNPriceSoap();
java.lang.String ISBN = "0672321815";
System.out.println("Price for ISBN:" + ISBN + " is: " + binding.getAmazonPrice(ISBN));

It's that easy....Which means you as a user do not need to worry if the server uses RPC or DOC

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

RE: consuming document-style web services

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.