Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Alejandro Rivero <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 00:13:36 UTC

fetchpeople/fetchperson and USER_IDS

In http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/articles/datarequests/datarequests-0.7.html
the author tells about  "... newFetchPersonRequest() method, passing
in an idSpec argument and, optionally, an object specifying pertinent
parameters such as the extended profile fields to return with the
person. The idSpec can be the OWNER or VIEWER constants discussed
above or a single OpenSocial ID string. "
and also about "...newFetchPeopleRequest() method, passing in an
idSpec argument and, optionally, an object specifying pertinent
parameters. The idSpec here can be either OWNER_FRIENDS or
VIEWER_FRIENDS (as covered above) or an array of OpenSocial ID strings
for fetching specific individuals"

I am not sure if shindig supports this. We get a response "The json
request had a bad idSpec"  for any combination we try.

In the model, the public class IdSpec does not seem to react well to
the case USER_IDS. The hack
if (idSpecEnum == null)  {idSpecEnum = Type.USER_IDS; }
never applies, because IllegalArgumentException is thrown.
GadgetDataHandler gets it, and raises the response "bad idSpec"

Can anyone provide an example of a working USER_IDS request?

Alejandro

Re: fetchpeople/fetchperson and USER_IDS

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
No problem at all :)
Let us know if you have any problems with the latest fixes.

Thanks.
- Cassie

Posted by Alejandro Rivero <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.