Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com> on 2006/12/14 16:43:43 UTC

Re: Probles with WabDav in IE

hi claus

i just happen to find the following:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/Author/behaviors/overview/WebFolder.asp

without having tried it out, this might help you.

regards
angela

KÖLL Claus <CLAUS.KOELL <at> TIROL.GV.AT> writes:

 > Hi!
 >
 > I want to open a link to the webdav servlet / document (for example
 > http://myhost/jackrabbit-server-1_0/repository/default/this.doc

<blocked::http://myhost/jackrabbit-server-1_0/repository/default/this.doc>
). But if this URL
 > is opened by
 > Internet Explorer and then MS Word launched in the ie, the document
will be opened as a
 > local copy and so no webdav support is given.
 > If I open this document directly with MS Word by URL it is opened as a
 > webdav document and it can directly be saved back on the server.
 >
 > Has anybody the same Problem ? Is it a Problem of the Webdav Servlet
or is it a configuration Problem of the ie ??

AW: Probles with WabDav in IE

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
hi angela ..

thanks for this link ..
i will try it and inform you about the success ..

thanks
claus

Re: Error shutting down RepositoryImpl

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Lei Zhou wrote:
> Due to deployment issues (can't use BindableRepository as jndi resource
> due to class path conflict with the server), I loaded Jackrabbit classes
> and my content managing service JAR file from the EAR root, and used
> RepositoryImpl directly. In my initialization code, I used similar Runtime
> hook as the BindableRepository to ensure the shutdown method was invoked.
> As you've mentioned in Jira entries jcr-120 and jcr-57, it seems to me
> that the shutdown hook is invoked too late in the process. I may need to
> find another way/place to ensure the shutdown is invoked.
> Any suggestion?

you could implement a ServletContextListener where you start and stop the
repository. or use a simple servlet where you implement the init() and destroy()
methods.

For an example see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/j2ee/RepositoryStartupServlet.java

regards
  marcel

Re: Error shutting down RepositoryImpl

Posted by Lei Zhou <Le...@pointalliance.com>.
Hi Marcel,
Due to deployment issues (can't use BindableRepository as jndi resource
due to class path conflict with the server), I loaded Jackrabbit classes
and my content managing service JAR file from the EAR root, and used
RepositoryImpl directly. In my initialization code, I used similar Runtime
hook as the BindableRepository to ensure the shutdown method was invoked.
As you've mentioned in Jira entries jcr-120 and jcr-57, it seems to me
that the shutdown hook is invoked too late in the process. I may need to
find another way/place to ensure the shutdown is invoked.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Lei

Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> wrote on 12/18/2006 03:17:09
AM:

> We once had a similar issue in 0.9 when jackrabbit was running in a
> tomcat web
> application. There it may happen that tomcat invalidates the web
application
> classloader before the repository is shutdown. In that case tomcat
prevents
> jackrabbit from loading new classes during the shutdown sequence.
>
> See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-120
>
> When and how do you shutdown the repository?
>
> regards
>   marcel
>
> Lei Zhou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When shutting down repository, I got the following error.  (Jackrabbit

> > v1.1.1)
> >
> > [15/12/06 15:21:28:219 EST] 0000003d SystemErr     R
> > java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
> > org.apache.commons.collections.buffer.UnboundedFifoBuffer: trying to
> > access class
org/apache/commons/collections/buffer/UnboundedFifoBuffer$1
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.collections.buffer.UnboundedFifoBuffer.
> iterator(UnboundedFifoBuffer.java:274)
> >         at
java.util.AbstractCollection.clear(AbstractCollection.java:434)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.collections.collection.SynchronizedCollection.
> clear(SynchronizedCollection.java:107)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.
> dispose(IndexMerger.java:206)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.
> close(MultiIndex.java:646)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.
> close(SearchIndex.java:343)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.
> shutdownQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:538)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.close(SearchManager.java:299)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.
> dispose(RepositoryImpl.java:1721)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.
> doShutdown(RepositoryImpl.java:903)
> >         at

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.shutdown(RepositoryImpl.java:867)

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.