Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Private LIst Moderation <mo...@gsuite.cloud.apache.org> on 2018/09/19 14:50:30 UTC

***UNCHECKED*** Fwd: MODERATE for announce@apache.org

Hi Tina devs,

I've moderated this announcement due to the urgency of the release.

For future releases, please change the downloads page:

It is ok to include the sha512 checksums in text on the page but you also need an https link to the checksum.

The link to the KEYS should link to the KEYS file in your distribution directory. The people.apache.org site should not be used.

Regards,

Craig

Announcements of Apache project releases must contain a link to the relevant
download page, which might be hosted on an Apache site or a third party site
such as github.com <http://github.com/>. [1]

The download page must provide public download links where current official
source releases and accompanying cryptographic files may be obtained. [2]

Links to the download artifacts must support downloads from mirrors. Links to
metadata (SHA, ASC) must be from https://www.apache.org/dist/ <https://www.apache.org/dist/><project>/<release>
** MD5 is no longer considered useful and should not be used. SHA is required. **
Links to KEYS must be from https://www.apache.org/dist/ <https://www.apache.org/dist/><project>/ not release
specific.

Announcements that contain a link to the dyn/closer page alone will be
rejected by the moderators.

Announcements that contain a link to a web page that does not include a link
to a mirror to the artifact plus links to the signature and at least one sha
checksum will be rejected.

Announcements that link to dist.apache.org <http://dist.apache.org/> will not be accepted.
Likewise ones which link to SVN or Git code repos.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-announcements <http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-announcements>[2] https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#download-links <https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#download-links>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: announce-reject-1537286294.48587.jgagknhepoajmbbkhfeo@apache.org
> Subject: MODERATE for announce@apache.org
> Date: September 18, 2018 at 8:58:14 AM PDT
> To: Recipient list not shown: ;
> Cc: announce-allow-tc.1537286294.efngohokkjgkacicfpnk-tallison=apache.org@apache.org
>

> To approve:
>   announce-accept-1537286294.48587.jgagknhepoajmbbkhfeo@apache.org
> To reject:
>   announce-reject-1537286294.48587.jgagknhepoajmbbkhfeo@apache.org
> To give a reason to reject:
> %%% Start comment
> %%% End comment
>

> From: Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.19 released
> Date: September 18, 2018 at 8:58:02 AM PDT
> To: dev@tika.apache.org, user@tika.apache.org, announce@apache.org
>

> The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Tika 1.19. The release contents have been pushed out to the main
> Apache release site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases
> should be available as soon as the mirrors get the syncs.
>
> Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
> structured text content from various documents using existing parser
> libraries.
>
> Apache Tika 1.19 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> Details can be found in the changes file:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.19.txt
>
> Apache Tika is available on the download page:
> http://tika.apache.org/download.html
>
> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2
> from the Central Repository:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/
>
> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
>
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
> downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/tika/KEYS
>
> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
> http://tika.apache.org/
>
> -- Tim Allison, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Fwd: MODERATE for announce@apache.org

Posted by lo...@gmail.com.
+1 from me too.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 from me please update the wiki once you do

From: announce-reject-1537286294.48587.jgagknhepoajmbbkhfeo@apache.org

Subject: MODERATE for announce@apache.org

Date: September 18, 2018 at 8:58:14 AM PDT

To: Recipient list not shown: ;