Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@roamware.com> on 2002/09/05 13:32:57 UTC

Cannot find action class?

I have used this pattern in a previous application built with Turbine 2.1
and it works. Since I am doing the same thing in this application I cannot
find out what is wrong?

I get this error in the turbine.log

2002-09-05 10:41:47,652 [HttpProcessor[8080][3]] ERROR system -
Turbine.handleException:

	Requested Action not found: contact.CreateContact
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.roamware.rwsite.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

The CreateContact class is in the
com.roamware.rwsite.modules.actions.contact package. I note that if you
append to the Action string above to the packages name is is missing the
'action' part of th epath. But I thought that the "setAction" in the vm
tempalte would allow for that, since this method has always worked in the
past.

The form line in the Contact.vm is

<form name="messageForm" method="post"
action="$link.setPage("contact,contact.vm").setAction("contact.CreateContact
")">

The line in TR.properties is

module.packages=com.roamware.rwtransform.modules,org.apache.turbine.modules

The contact.vm file is in the
<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/rwsite/templates/app/screens/contact directory.

Any ideas?

I would also like to redirect to a screen that tells the client that they
have successfully submitted their form. I assume that at the end of my
"doCreate" method in the above action I can use setTemplate() to redirect
them to the success screen? Is this the best nmethod?

Thanks

David Wynter

roamware Ltd.
(+44) (0) 208 922 7539 B.
(+44) (0) 7879 605 706 M.
david@roamware.com

Re: Cannot find action class?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "David Wynter" <da...@roamware.com>
>
> Any ideas?
Sorry, no ideas - everything looks correct to me (from a tdk2.1
perspective).

> I would also like to redirect to a screen that tells the client that they
> have successfully submitted their form. I assume that at the end of my
> "doCreate" method in the above action I can use setTemplate() to redirect
> them to the success screen? Is this the best nmethod?
Yes, at the end of your doCreate() just go:
    setTemplate(data, "contact,Success.vm");

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade