Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Ewing <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/25 06:55:58 UTC

Two Tomcat 3.3.1 issues; SSL and Coyote

I had a couple of problems with Tomcat 3.3.1. Any help
appreciated!!

1. I was trying to use PureTLS with the standand
HTTP/1.0 Tomcat connector.
   I copied over the three jar file
- cryptix32.jar, cryptix-asn1.jar and puretls.jar into
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext
   I get the exception-
"org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Error loading
SSLImplementation"
   I copies the jsse jar files here and SSL works
fine...

2. Next, I tried the Coyote connector, and following
the instructions given at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1.0-rc2/
to a 'T'.

  Result: I found that

<module name="CoyoteConnector"
javaClass="org.apache.coyote.tomcat3.CoyoteInterceptor"/>

 needs to be

<module name="CoyoteConnector"
javaClass="org.apache.coyote.tomcat3.CoyoteInterceptor2"/>

(note the '2').

  I make the change, and Tomcat starts up fine-
however, the browser cant access http://localhost:8081
(the port I configured this connector at). No errors
too.. Help!!

Tx