Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kothapalli, Rajani K" <Ra...@STJUDE.ORG> on 2008/12/19 23:39:09 UTC

FW: Problem with large xml using aggregate

We have a pipeline that looks like:

<map:pipeline>

<map:match pattern="*/*.testcontent">
                <map:aggregate element="wrapper">
                          <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/x"/>
                    <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/y"/>
                    <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/z"/>
                    <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/xx"/>
                          <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/xy"/>
                </map:aggregate>
                <map:transform src="x.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
                <map:transform src="y.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
                <map:transform src="z.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

</map:pipeline>

One of the request produces large xml and if I run it in its own generator, the xml comes up fine.
However, if it is a part of the aggregate it is clobbering the xml and then xslt Parser is chocking on it.
Even without any xslt parsing, I can see that the xml is clobbered.

Error message says; Invalid Qname
Using cocoon-2.1.8

I played with outputbuffersize for pipelines
JVM_OPTS
CATALINA_OPTS
Cocoon servlet file-upload-size in web.xml
Cocoon.xconf

Without any success.

Any thoughts.

Thanks
Rajani

RE: FW: Problem with large xml using aggregate

Posted by "Kothapalli, Rajani K" <Ra...@STJUDE.ORG>.
 Size of the xml is about 2MB.
Subpiplines are our components.

I see error message

 CocoonServlet: ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

This might mean that Coneection is been closed before all the data is written to socket.
Not sure if it is a timing issue or buffersize issue.

>                 <map:transform src="x.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
>                 <map:transform src="y.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
>                 <map:transform src="z.xsl" type="xslt-saxon8"/>
>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>             </map:match>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> One of the request produces large xml

What size are we talking about?

> and if I run it in its own generator, the xml comes up fine.
> However, if it is a part of the aggregate it is clobbering the xml and then xslt Parser is chocking on it.
> Even without any xslt parsing, I can see that the xml is clobbered.

How do the sub pipelines look like? Are there components of yours or is it just a plain file generator?

> Error message says; Invalid Qname
> Using cocoon-2.1.8
>
> I played with outputbuffersize for pipelines JVM_OPTS CATALINA_OPTS
> Cocoon servlet file-upload-size in web.xml Cocoon.xconf

I would not expect any of those to help.

Joerg

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer

Re: FW: Problem with large xml using aggregate

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.