Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/09 14:07:07 UTC

[Math] CI builds are missing problems

The math project does not build with the default goal in the pom:

clean verify apache-rat:check checkstyle:check pmd:check spotbugs:check
javadoc:javadoc

There is a spotbugs error in the Artificial neural networks module due to a
case statement fall through. This is intentional so I added an exclusion. I
then get failures later on and have not fixed them all.

Travis current uses the default script [1]:

mvn test -B

Jenkins uses this goal:

-e -V clean deploy --batch-mode -Dgpg.skip -Prelease

So neither CI environment is using the default goal and problems have gone
unchecked.

I suggest fixing the build for the default goal and then updating travis to
use it:

script:
 - mvn

Alex

[1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/languages/java/

Re: [Math] CI builds are missing problems

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 16:04, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 16:07, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > The math project does not build with the default goal in the pom:
> >
> > clean verify apache-rat:check checkstyle:check pmd:check spotbugs:check
> > javadoc:javadoc
> >
> > There is a spotbugs error in the Artificial neural networks module due
> to a
> > case statement fall through. This is intentional so I added an
> exclusion. I
> > then get failures later on and have not fixed them all.
>
> The default build now stops at two SpotBugs issues in "AccurateMath";
> they relate to two magic numbers that are close to pi / 2.

I think these are intentional. The numbers are used when correcting values
in the domain close to [-pi, pi].

I've fixed a few errors in the new modules, which now build locally. There
are 36 errors in legacy. I am looking at these. Perhaps it is best to just
disable spotbugs for the legacy module.

Alex

Re: [Math] CI builds are missing problems

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 16:07, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> The math project does not build with the default goal in the pom:
>
> clean verify apache-rat:check checkstyle:check pmd:check spotbugs:check
> javadoc:javadoc
>
> There is a spotbugs error in the Artificial neural networks module due to a
> case statement fall through. This is intentional so I added an exclusion. I
> then get failures later on and have not fixed them all.

The default build now stops at two SpotBugs issues in "AccurateMath";
they relate to two magic numbers that are close to pi / 2.

Gilles