Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ji...@philips.com on 2002/11/20 22:45:27 UTC

SOAP attachment interoperability between MS.NET and Apache SOAP/Axis

Does anyone have a successful story of consuming an Apache Web services with attachments using MS.NET (e .g, C#.NET), or vice versa? If so, I would greatly appreciate your help if you can post your sample code?

Jingkun

Re: SOAP attachment interoperability between MS.NET and Apache SOAP/Axis

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Although I am no expert on this, I believe you would have to write a
SOAP Extension to handle attachments in .NET.  If there is support for
attachments in .NET, I would guess they would be done with DIME, as is
the case for the MS STK 3.  Apache SOAP only does attachments with MIME,
so I doubt there will be interop there.  Axis supports DIME, but I don't
think it has WSDL support for attachments as yet.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: SOAP attachment interoperability between MS.NET and Apache SOAP/Axis