Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> on 2022/02/08 18:58:19 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1896510 - in /apr/apr/branches/1.7.x: ./ file_io/win32/ include/arch/unix/ include/arch/win32/ network_io/os2/ poll/os2/ poll/unix/

Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> This part is now in the following branch:
> https://svn.ostyserver.net/svn/asf/apr/apr/branches/win32-pollset-wakeup-no-file-socket-emulation
>
> What do you think?
>
> It would be great if someone could take a look on the implementation from
> the *nix perspective.
> After that, I propose to merge the branch into trunk.

In case this helps, I have tested the branch on Ubuntu x64 and it seems
to compile and pass the tests.

(While here, I noticed that APR trunk doesn't build on Windows;
 have posted on that separately.)

Thanks,
Evgeny Kotkov

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
The answer to your question is whether a consumer who built against
apr<1.7.0 is going to blow up, whether they borrowed "private" API's
or not. If they were exported, it's effectively public.

Or, whether a consumer built against 1.7.1 would blow up against 1.7.0
- if that's true, we need to revert.

Those are the last of my obvious observations, I'll need to diff the
resulting include/... tree between 1.7.0 and 1.7.x branch to know for
sure, but thanks everyone for reviewing these questions.

Cheers,

Bill

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.