Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> on 2013/11/05 17:41:54 UTC

RE: End-of-reservation resource allocation

Thank you.
Could a PML module return "No Image"/4 value, which would shutdown computer?

Thanks.
Posted by Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu>.
Since the "No Image"/4 value never gets selected by end-users, the
current PLM code would never return it.

Ideally, I think we would want to set a reload policy:

My thoughts are that the reload policy might have the options to:
* always power down after machine is used
* only power down a vm if system is below a certain usage level
* load, but hibernate/suspend the vm or node
* load images based on a image priority or image weight (i.e. a weight
of 0, would never get reloaded)

Thoughts?

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

Re: End-of-reservation resource allocation

Posted by Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu>.
Since the "No Image"/4 value never gets selected by end-users, the
current PLM code would never return it.

Ideally, I think we would want to set a reload policy:

My thoughts are that the reload policy might have the options to:
* always power down after machine is used
* only power down a vm if system is below a certain usage level
* load, but hibernate/suspend the vm or node
* load images based on a image priority or image weight (i.e. a weight
of 0, would never get reloaded)

Thoughts?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> wrote:
> Thank you.
> Could a PML module return "No Image"/4 value, which would shutdown computer?
>
> Thanks.

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab