Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Michele Denber <md...@gmx.com> on 2019/06/14 18:29:16 UTC

OO configure fails: Possible unintended interpolation of @ENABLE

While doing ./configure, it ends with the following:

    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating set_soenv
    config.status: creating Makefile
    Possible unintended interpolation of @ENABLE_CUPS in string at
    ./set_soenv line 1788.
    Global symbol "@ENABLE_CUPS" requires explicit package name at
    ./set_soenv line 1788.
    Execution of ./set_soenv aborted due to compilation errors.
    # |

There is no "ENABLE_CUPS" env var set.

My command is:

    |./configure
    --with-dmake-url=http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
    --with-epm-url=http://epm.sourcearchive.com/downloads/3.7-1/epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz
    --disable-odk  --with-gnu-patch=/opt/csw/bin/gpatch \
    --with-gnu-cp=/opt/csw/bin/gcp --without-junit|

The line in set_soenv it's complaining about is:

    |ToFile( "ENABLE_CUPS",       "@ENABLE_CUPS@",       "e" );|

I've been unable to find anything useful searching for this error.
Adding "--disable-cups" to the configure command didn't fix the error.
Doing /usr/xpg4/bin/sh ./configure didn't fix it either.  I do have the
CSWcups package installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Building Open Office 4.1.3 with gnu and OpenCSW toolchain, gcc 7.3 on a
Sun M3000 Sparc VII, Solaris 10U13.  I was able to build OO 3.4 on this
machine, but this one isn't cooperating.  Or is there already a
pre-built 4.1.3 Solaris package somewhere?

             - Michele

Re: Fwd: Re: OO configure fails: Possible unintended interpolation of @ENABLE

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Michele,

Am 27.06.19 um 18:56 schrieb Michele Denber:
> Well in the interest of expediency, I just commented out the two lines
> in download_external_dependencies.pl that was causing ./bootstrap to
> fail.  This time it went much further and downloaded a bunch of files
> but now it's stopping with:

> all external libraries present
> dmake-4.12.tar.bz2 exists
> downloading epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz
> downloading to /epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz.part
> download from
> http://epm.sourcearchive.com/downloads/3.7-1/epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz failed
> (500 Can't connect to epm.sourcearchive.com:80 (Connection refused))
>     download failed
> making and entering
> /export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/solenv/unxsogs.pro/misc/build/
> find: illegal option -- t
> find: [-H | -L] path-list predicate-list
> can not find the dmake package
> #
>
> What's with the "connection refused"?  I tried connecting to
> epm.sourcearchive.com directly from Firefox from two different computers
> and got "unable to connect".

Where did you take that URL from?

Try
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/epm-3.7.tar.gz
instead.

See also:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Configuration_and_bootstrapping

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Michele Denber <md...@gmx.com>.

> Subject: 	Re: OO configure fails: Possible unintended interpolation of
> @ENABLE
> Date: 	Tue, 25 Jun 2019 22:02:17 +0200
> From: 	Peter <le...@posteo.de>
> To: 	dev@openoffice.apache.org, Michele Denber <md...@gmx.com>
>

> Hello Michele,
>
> Is there no cups on Solaris?
Hi Peter.  That's actually not a simple question.  Solaris 10 originally
shipped with CUPS.  Then Sun and Apple got into some sort of patent tiff
and Sun removed CUPS from Solaris.  Then they made up so Sun put CUPS
back in.  My version (update 13) is supposed to have CUPS but I don't
see it where it's supposed to be (/opt/sfw/).  But you can get CSWcups
from OpenCSW, so that's what I did, but it didn't help.
> Have you tried later versions like 4.1.6?
That turned out to be the answer.  I downloaded 4.1.6 and it configured
fine.  But now I'm stuck in ./bootstrap.  I get:

# pwd
/export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main
# ./bootstrap
ERROR: no destination defined! please set TARFILE_LOCATION! at
/export/home/denber/aoo-4.1.6/main/solenv/bin/download_external_dependencies.pl
line 611.
*** Error downloading external dependencies, please fix the previous
problems and try again ***

It isn't clear to me what that means so I tried:

# setenv TARFILE_LOCATION
/export/home/denber/apache-openoffice-4.1.6-r1844436-src.tar
# export TARFILE_LOCATION
# echo $TARFILE_LOCATION
/export/home/denber/apache-openoffice-4.1.6-r1844436-src.tar

But that didn't help.  The code in question (in
download_external_dependencies.pl) is this:

ub CheckDownloadDestination ()
{
     my $destination = $ENV{'TARFILE_LOCATION'};
     die "ERROR: no destination defined! please set TARFILE_LOCATION!"
if ($destination eq "");

     if ( ! -d $destination)
     {
         File::Path::make_path($destination);
         die "ERROR: can't create \$TARFILE_LOCATION" if  ! -d $destination;
     }
}

What am I doing wrong?

             - Michele

Re: OO configure fails: Possible unintended interpolation of @ENABLE

Posted by Peter <le...@posteo.de>.
Hello Michele,

Is there no cups on Solaris?
Have you tried later versions like 4.1.6?

All the best
Peter