Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Casper Højstrup <CH...@sondagsavisen.dk> on 2004/06/03 15:32:56 UTC

Axis OC4J and a little Thread leak ...

Hello

We're having a little issue with axis on OC4J .. The appserver is leaking threads if the webservice is calling an EJB in the same appserver ... Ever heard of that before ?

All variables in the webservice is local, and the ejb is even .removed() in finally, like this

      return bean.calculatePriceForCustomer(custId, vo);

    } catch (RemoteException e) {

      logger.error("e", e);

      throw new RuntimeException(e);

    }finally{

      if(bean!=null){

        try {

          System.out.println("remove bean");

          bean.remove();

        } catch (RemoteException e) {

          e.printStackTrace();  //To change body of catch statement use File | Settings | File Templates.

        } catch (RemoveException e) {

          e.printStackTrace();  //To change body of catch statement use File | Settings | File Templates.

        }

      }

    }

No matter how we code this, the second there's a reference to an outside EJB, it starts leaking until it reaches 4000+ at wich point it stops responding (OC4J).

Any ideas why ? Suggestions appreciated

Regards

Casper.