Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marcel Holle <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2012/01/12 19:59:12 UTC

Access core-site.xml from FileInputFormat

I need a value of the core-site.xml property file within FileInputFormat.
I'm overriding the getSplits method: public List<InputSplit>
getSplits(JobContext job);

Using the job I can access the job configuration which gives me access to
mapres-site.xml, but does it also let me access core-site.xml?

Re: Access core-site.xml from FileInputFormat

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Yes. Just add the property to the core-site.xml file and you should
see it in the Configuration object passed to your FileInputFormat.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.

Re: Access core-site.xml from FileInputFormat

Posted by Marcel Holle <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.