Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> on 2003/11/27 17:09:11 UTC

App-level testing and heap sizing parameters

Hi.

The arguments we currently have in bin/jmeter.sh are about as bad as
they could possibly be. I will now put some which will be better in 100%
(or more) of cases, but which will still probably be sub-optimal in just
as many occasions.

In order to establish reasonable values --that is, values which are
close to optimal for at least one real-life[ish] situation, we would
need a reasonably complex test script to run and a set of pages for it
to hit.

Such pages and test script(s) could also serve as functional app-level
tests. We currently have some unit tests (definitely not enough), but
there are certain features which are extremely difficult to test at the
unit level.

I propose that we start building such app-level tests. Ideas on how to
harness them beyond a readme file with instructions?

I have some static pages + apache config files that can serve as a start
for that -- I just need a suggestion for a path where I should place
them in CVS.

--
Salut,

Jordi.