Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Frank Luo <jl...@merkleinc.com> on 2016/07/29 20:07:20 UTC

anyone seen this weird "setXIncludeAware is not supported" error?

Ok, this drives me into nuts.

I got a junit test case as simple as below:

  @Before
public void setup() throws IOException {
    Job job = Job.getInstance();
    Configuration config = job.getConfiguration();

And I got Exception at Job.getInstance() as:

  java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:  setXIncludeAware is not supported on this JAXP implementation or earlier: class org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:614)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2523)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2492)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2405)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:981)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.checkAndWarnDeprecation(JobConf.java:2069)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.<init>(JobConf.java:447)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.getInstance(Job.java:175)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.getInstance(Job.java:156)

        at com.merkleinc.crkb.match.keymatching.KeyMatchingTest.setup(KeyMatchingTest.java:52)

What is strange is that the same code works in windows but not on Linux. Even on Linux, only one class is facing the problem. Other classes are fine running the exact same code.  On that problematic class, there are four test methods, one is successful and three are failing.

Anyone has similar experience?

I have Hadoop 2.7.1, hive 1.2.1 and hbase 1.1.2. and I am running with maven 3.3.3 and/or 3.3.9.

Access the Q2 2016 Digital Marketing Report for a fresh set of trends and benchmarks in digital marketing<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-07-26/47gt7c>

Download the latest installment of our annual Marketing Imperatives, “Winning with People-Based Marketing”<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-04-26/3lbfd1>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.

RE: anyone seen this weird "setXIncludeAware is not supported" error?

Posted by Benjamin Ross <br...@Lattice-Engines.com>.
First thought is that I would check to see if you're somehow pulling in a xerces library that your version of Hadoop wasn't built against.  Can you provide your pom file?  Also, I would do a mvn dependencies:list and see if something looks off. You should probably paste the output of that for others on this list also.

Ben

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report this email as spam.