Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pawan <pc...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 06:26:28 UTC

Producer keeps allocating memory

Hi guys,Active MQ broker version: 5.5.1activemq-cpp version: 3.4.1-64 bit.
message type: non-persistentflowcontrol:disabledtransport:TCPBroker
configuration for topic:              " producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="100mb" >
The application keeps sending messages between 4k-8k, sometimes upto 30-40
times per second, and the virtual memory keeps  increasing every 5 minutes
or so in blocks of 64 MB. Is there configuration which would restrict the
memory used by the producer?If I block sending this message there is no
increase in allocated memory for the producer application. Any help is
appreciated.Thanks,Pawan

Re: Producer keeps allocating memory

Posted by pawan <pc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/05/2013 12:26 AM, pawan wrote:
> Hi guys,Active MQ broker version: 5.5.1activemq-cpp version: 3.4.1-64 bit.
> message type: non-persistentflowcontrol:disabledtransport:TCPBroker
> configuration for topic:              " producerFlowControl="false"
> memoryLimit="100mb" >
> The application keeps sending messages between 4k-8k, sometimes upto 30-40
> times per second, and the virtual memory keeps  increasing every 5 minutes
> or so in blocks of 64 MB. Is there configuration which would restrict the
> memory used by the producer?If I block sending this message there is no
> increase in allocated memory for the producer application. Any help is
> appreciated.Thanks,Pawan

Upgrade your C++ client to a later release 3.6+ to get all the most
recent memory leak fixes.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.