Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2018/03/24 00:09:37 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.3 release candidate (RC0) is available

The first HBase 1.4.3 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.3RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1207/ .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.3RC0' (172373d1f0).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.3RC0/compat-check-report.html
.

A list of the 36 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/FM08 .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try
to close it Friday March 30, 2018 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

    RAT check passes (7u80)
    Unit test suite passes (7u80)
    LTT load 1M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u152)
    ITBLL Loop 1 1B rows (8u152)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.3 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good. I will sign the tag, no problem.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
It is not my practice to sign commits or tags. Is this mandatory? It could be. Was there an announcement or discussion? I didn’t see it.

Thanks for taking a look!

Please set a fix version of 1.4.4 for the html file issues so they get looked at next time.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by 宾莉金(binlijin) <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

- Built from source: ok (8u162)

- RAT check: ok (8u162)

- Unit tests pass: ok (8u66)

- Loaded 1M rows with LTT: ok (8u162), all keys verified, latency and logs

looks good

- Shell commands: ok (8u162), ran DDL/flush/compact/split commands,

everything looks good

- Web UI: OK

--
*Best Regards,*
 lijin bin

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.3 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Umesh Agashe <ua...@cloudera.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
the only thing I did was