Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Khai Doan <kh...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/25 18:48:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Firefox cause 100% CPU usage for Apache 1.3.33

I have development server (Pentium 4, 2.8MHz, Linux kernel 2.6.9, RedHat
Fedora Core release 2).  I run apache 1.3.33, with mod_perl, mod_php.  My
code is a mod_perl handler which function as a proxy.  I have KeepAlive Off
(because of mod_perl)

Can we turn KeepAlive On/Off per VirtualHost?  Is there any plan to
enable/disable KeepAlive per VirtualHost?

In my sandbox, I have:
MinSpareServers 1
MaxSpareServers 1
StartServers 1

In the main sandbox, I have:
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
StartServers 5
(default settings)

On my Windows laptop, when I use IE, and mozilla to make a request to my
proxy handler, everything is ok.  When I use the latest version of Firefox
to make the same request, CPU usages on the Linux server go to 90-100%.

Anyone has similar issue with Firefox, mod_perl, apache 1.3.33 ?

Re: [users@httpd] Firefox cause 100% CPU usage for Apache 1.3.33

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
How about running a sniffer to find out what's the request doing.
KeepAlive is a variable for Global and that's where it is shown in
default, on purpose.

--

Regards
Aman Raheja