Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2003/07/30 09:13:04 UTC

[VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
committer.

Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a first
implementation of the WebDAV Source, fixes for related Cocoon components
and a hell of a lot of samples and documentation (which is very cool in
itself :-)). He has a thourough knowledge and experience with Cocoon,
while being relatively new to this community, and he expressed on
various occasions his interest and ability to work with the community. I
expect him to help a lot the design and development of the upcoming
webdavapps (or was it xmlrpcapps? :-)).

Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [Vote] Ugo Cei and Marc Portier as Cocoon committers

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
+1 for both.

Matthew

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a
> first implementation of the WebDAV Source, fixes for related Cocoon
> components and a hell of a lot of samples and documentation (which is
> very cool in itself :-)). He has a thourough knowledge and experience
> with Cocoon, while being relatively new to this community, and he
> expressed on various occasions his interest and ability to work with
> the community. I expect him to help a lot the design and development
> of the upcoming webdavapps (or was it xmlrpcapps? :-)).
>
> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1.

Sylvain

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 09:13, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1

--David

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a first
> implementation of the WebDAV Source, fixes for related Cocoon components
> and a hell of a lot of samples and documentation (which is very cool in
> itself :-)). He has a thourough knowledge and experience with Cocoon,
> while being relatively new to this community, and he expressed on
> various occasions his interest and ability to work with the community. I
> expect him to help a lot the design and development of the upcoming
> webdavapps (or was it xmlrpcapps? :-)).
>
> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1

-marc=

WebDAV maturity (was Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper)

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Stephan Michels wrote:
>> I should mention that Stefan Michels provided an early draft in - I
>> think it
>
> "Stephan"
>
>> was more than 1,5 years ago but unfortunately (IMO) decided to focus
>> on the SlideSource.
>
> Hmm, yes, perhaps a bad idea ;-) I got too few response on that. My
> experience with WebDAV taught me that all these things doesn't really
> work in real life. Perhaps, you proof me wrong :)

Hope so :) I share the experience that WebDAV maturity progresses slowly
(and
steadily). But interoperability will be the reward. And this alone is it
worth it (IMO).

Guido

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Guido Casper wrote:

> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> > I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> > committer.
>
> Thanks Gianugo, I'm really honoured.
>
> I'm extremely proud of being part of this great community (even without
> having commit access),

Welcome!

> > Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a
> > first implementation of the WebDAV Source,
>
> I should mention that Stefan Michels provided an early draft in - I think it

"Stephan"

> was more than 1,5 years ago but unfortunately (IMO) decided to focus on the
> SlideSource.

Hmm, yes, perhaps a bad idea ;-) I got too few response on that. My
experience with WebDAV taught me that all these things doesn't really
work in real life. Perhaps, you proof me wrong :)

Stephan.

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

Thanks Gianugo, I'm really honoured.

I'm extremely proud of being part of this great community (even without
having commit access), where I consider many of the committers real genius
(coding- and communication-wise).

Although Gianugo mentioned that I'm relatively new to this community I
actually felt like being part of it (as a mostly lurker) for quite some
time, now.

I try my best to get some webdav work off Gianugo's shoulders (nice strategy
Gianugo ;-) and contribute otherwise as well. If it's true that a great
community is being attracted by good ideas and bad code there is certainly
something I can contribute ;-). But please don't expect my commit rate to be
like Carsten's :-)

I'm not sure wether it's to early for an introduction - anyway, I'll make it
short :-)
I'm 34 now and unlike many of you I didn't grew up with Basic and a computer
under my pillow. My interest in computers and programming started at an
ancient age of 22 (if programming automation machines and robots doesn't
count that is).
Yes, before that I have been an electrician in the auto industry, but soon
found out there must be more to my carrer and tried - Pascal :-) ...
... being to the military ... 2-year-college for computer science (yeah, you
have to get some degree in Germany)... being 5 years with Sybase  ... coming
to S&N. Many thanks to Matthew and Carsten for getting me in touch with
Cocoon.

> Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a
> first implementation of the WebDAV Source,

I should mention that Stefan Michels provided an early draft in - I think it
was more than 1,5 years ago but unfortunately (IMO) decided to focus on the
SlideSource.
However I hope he will have some time to share his thoughts when we discuss
further improvement of the WebDAV block.

Thanks for all votes so far.

Guido

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1

Andrew.

Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

OK, OK, I'm late.... welcome!
+1
	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 30/07/2003 9:13 Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1 - welcome Guido!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
> > Guido has done a lot of work
> > Please cast your votes.

+1

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote, On 30/07/2003 9.13:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Guido has done a lot of work
> Please cast your votes.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1

Cheers,
Reinhard

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 09:13 Europe/Rome, Gianugo Rabellino
wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a
> first implementation of the WebDAV Source, fixes for related Cocoon
> components and a hell of a lot of samples and documentation (which is
> very cool in itself :-)). He has a thourough knowledge and experience
> with Cocoon, while being relatively new to this community, and he
> expressed on various occasions his interest and ability to work with
> the community. I expect him to help a lot the design and development
> of the upcoming webdavapps (or was it xmlrpcapps? :-)).
>
> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1

--
Stefano.

Re: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.

+1

RE: [VOTE] Commit access for Guido Casper

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I want to propose Guido Casper (gcasper@s-und-n.de) as a new Cocoon
> committer.
>
> Guido has done a lot of work for the new WebDAV block, providing a first
> implementation of the WebDAV Source, fixes for related Cocoon components
> and a hell of a lot of samples and documentation (which is very cool in
> itself :-)). He has a thourough knowledge and experience with Cocoon,
> while being relatively new to this community, and he expressed on
> various occasions his interest and ability to work with the community. I
> expect him to help a lot the design and development of the upcoming
> webdavapps (or was it xmlrpcapps? :-)).
>
> Please cast your votes. Here is my +1.

+1 :)

Carsten