Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Johnson <lj...@envictus.com> on 2005/03/16 01:09:58 UTC

Strange Tomcat Error

Hi all,

Recently I lost the hard drive on one of my production tomcat servers. I've
since reinstalled and setup the effected machine to mirror the configuration
of one of my other servers that I know to be working fine. I know for a fact
that my servlet code is fine and that the tomcat configuration I'm using is
valid as both were copied from another running server. However despite its
identical configuration, the repaired machine now freezes somewhere between
querying the database for data and the XSL transformation of the XML
generated by my servlets. No error messages are written to catalina.out, the
terminal or localhost.log and the server is unable to process additional
requests after this happens. Additionally, following the error tomcat will
not respond to the execution of shutdown.sh and it seems the only way I can
abort the process is by issuing a kill -9 command to the process number of
tomcat's jvm.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? And if so what did
you do to fix it.

Here's some information on my execution environment:

OS: Redhat Linux 9
Kernel: i686 2.4.20-28.9smp
Tomcat: 5.0.28
Database: Oracle 9i