Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mi...@student.unisg.ch on 2000/08/23 13:37:17 UTC

Re: Re: JasperException caused by schema validation via JSP /Servlet

Eric,
I agree with you, the exception seems not to be emitted by Xerces (I copied the
full trace below), but does this mean that in this case there is a problem with
Tomcat/JSWDK? I hope the error is not in my JSP but I tried to check that by
validating non-Schema XML docs and that works fine. If SAXParseExceptions occur
these are also caught correctly.
Would it help if I send you the files?
Thanks for your help,
Michael

Full trace:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java,

Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspect(JspRuntimeLibrary.java,
Compiled Code)
at
_0002fAdapterServerPage_0002ejspAdapterServerPage_jsp_12._jspService(_0002fAdapterServerPage_0002ejspAdapterServerPage_jsp_12.java:92)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:171)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

An:  xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
Kopie:
Blindkopie:
Thema:    Re: JasperException caused by schema validation via JSP/Servlet

If the stack trace you gave is the complete stack trace, then the exception
presented is definitely not emitted from Xerces-J Parser. Certainly the
jasper package can mask the Exception thrown from the Xerces-J parser,  in
that case, we need more information on this.

Eric Ye
IBM JTC-Silicon Valley.