Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2021/04/23 02:55:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] hadoop-thirdparty 1.1.0 release

Hi community,

In preparation of the Hadoop 3.3.1 release, I am starting a thread to
discuss its prerequisite: the release of hadoop-thirdparty 1.1.0.

My plan:
update guava to 30.1.1 (latest). I have the PR ready to merge.

Do we want to update protobuf and jaeger? Anything else?

I suppose we won't update protobuf too frequently.
Jaeger is under active development. We're currently on 0.34.2, the latest
is 1.22.0.

If there is no change to this plan, I can start the release work as soon as
possible.

Re: [DISCUSS] hadoop-thirdparty 1.1.0 release

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Sorry for the delay in the release work.

I'm almost ready to start a release vote. (Took several days to figure out
all the Docker gimmicks, plus company holidays)

The only missing piece is this PR:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-thirdparty/pull/14
I've dry-run the release activity with this change so please help review.

Thanks!

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.