Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/07/31 13:33:50 UTC

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Moving conversation to dev@

On 31 July 2013 13:28, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/31/13 1:07 PM, janI wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Based on a discussion today on IRC, I would like to draw your attention
> > to the following challenge. henkp is cc because he is the infra person
> > doing the rsync magic.
> >
> > ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the project
> > graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored under
> > incubator.
> >
> > As part of cleaning rsync, infra want to enforce the policy, but of
> > course respect and understand our need to have 3.4.1 available to users
> > (especially because 3.4.1 contains languages not released in 4.0).
> >
> > I see the following possibilities:
> >
> > 1) remove openoffice from incubator, but leave version 3.3.0 and 3.4.1
> > (with language packs) on the SF mirror. This is preferred by infra.
>
> +1 to keep it on SF
>

> > 2) remove 3.3.0 since its a legacy version, and move 3.4.1 parallel to
> > 4.0. This is however an expensive operation for all mirror, and should
> > only be done if we anticipate patches for 3.4.1
> >

> Removing 3.3 is ok to me but I see demand for keeping 3.4.1. Having it
> besides 4.0 would be natural but needs some work in the download scripts

Just for me, do you prefer 1) or 2) ... I personally dont see a big need to
keep 3.4.1 on our servers.

rgds
jan I.

> 3) persuade infra to keep incubator for 3.4.1, but limit the footprint
> as much as possible, remove 3.3.0 and put a timelimit up.

I believe we can manage to move it out of the incubator in some way.

Re: Release 4.0.0 binaries storage and SF

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/2/13 8:53 AM, Henk P. Penning wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2013, Henk P. Penning wrote:
>
>>   The stuff incubator/ooo can now be removed from www.apache.org/dist/,
>>   and therefor, from the mirrors.
>>   I will do this later today ; unless someone beats me to it :-).
>
> Hi,
>
>   can we now discuss the next step?
>
>   I would like to (properly) exclude dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/
>   from the mirrors. This directory now only contains checksums
>   (.md5's, .asc's and .sha256's) ; and on the mirrors only empty
>   directories (because checksums are excluded for mirrors).
>
>   To make it concrete: the rsync [apache-dist] module is now
>
>   exclude = *.md5 *.MD5 *.sha1 *.sha *.sha256 *.sha512 *.asc *.sig
>     KEYS KEYS.txt .svn/ /.rsync.td/
>     /zzz/perms /externaldist /zzz/rsync-module/apache-dist-most
>
>   I want to add "/openoffice/*/binaries/" ;
>   where the '*' only matches non-/.
>
>   Is that OK ?

In principal it sounds ok to me. If I can copy everything to
dist/openoffice/... in the future makes it easier for me.

>   If/when ok, then
>
>   -- everything in "dist/externaldist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/"
>      will be copied to "dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/" ; where
>      timestamps must be carefully preserved.

we can simply move it

>   ... cleanup dist/externaldist [to be discussed offline] :
>
>   -- create a module (or fix the current module) that SourceForge (SF)
>      can use to get the 4.0.0 binaries.
>   -- talk to SF so they can switch to the new (or updated) module
>   -- cleanup (rm) dist/externaldist

I am fine with that

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 02/08/2013 Fernando Cassia wrote:
> care to explain why AOO is not mirrored?

Because the Apache mirrors were not ready yet. Infra, namely Henk, now
managed to remove the old versions and squeeze some additional space on
the servers to make OpenOffice 4.0 available on the Apache mirrors too,
much like it worked for 3.4.

So now all default options are obviously unchanged, and we still
download from the SF mirrors, but at the bottom of
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
you find a link to the Apache mirrors that carry OpenOffice.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Release 4.0.0 binaries storage and SF

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl> wrote:
>   I would like to (properly) exclude dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/
>   from the mirrors. This directory now only contains checksums
>   (.md5's, .asc's and .sha256's) ; and on the mirrors only empty
>   directories (because checksums are excluded for mirrors).

I'm just an end user lurking here, but care to explain why AOO is not mirrored?

There is a local Apache mirror site at
http://mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar/apache/

and I was surprised to find it didnt contain any AOO binaries,just empty dirs.
http://mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar/apache/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/

Instead, I had to download from the nearest SF.net mirror which is in
Brazil and very overloaded (or with ooor routing from my FTTH ISP, I
dont know).
TIA

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Release 4.0.0 binaries storage and SF

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:51:33 +0200
> From: "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl>
> Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.
>
>> Andrea Pescetti:

Hi,

>> >  keys/group/openoffice.asc
>>
>>  Fixed too.

>> > http: //www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
>>  I'll still leave this to Marcus and we are done.
> It's a relict of the past. No need to change this.

   Ok ; thanks Marcus ; I think we're done.
   The stuff incubator/ooo can now be removed from www.apache.org/dist/,
   and therefor, from the mirrors.
   I will do this later today ; unless someone beats me to it :-).

> Marcus

>> Andrea Pescetti:
>>  But this policy means that we will really have to think twice before
>>  linking to materials on the Apache mirrors: going back and correct links
>>  in old download pages, old security bulletins, that have in the meantime
>>  been translated, converted into PDF and very likely republished verbatim
>>  on other sites, is something that we simply cannot do; and even if we
>>  limit ourselves to doing what is actually possible (i.e., fixing
>>  everything that is under control, like in this case), it's still a large
>>  waste of time.

   Agree ; stuff in www.apache.org/dist/ (and the mirrors) is just
   there temporarily ; actually /dist/ is just a cache for archive.a.o.

>>  Andrea.

   Thanks, regards,

   Henk Penning

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/01/2013 07:35 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Henk P. Penning wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html
>>> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.1_checksums.html
>> Looking at the 3.4.0_checksums.html page, in the "This is how
>> you verify ..." section I see occurrences of
>> keys/group/ooo.asc
>> That's renamed to
>> keys/group/openoffice.asc
>
> Fixed too.
>
>>> There is only one remaining occurrence, in
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
>>> but I didn't touch it (Marcus probably knows what's best to do here).
>> Looking at
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
>> I see (*) : var MIRROR_APACHE_URL = ...
>
> I'll still leave this to Marcus and we are done.

Thanks.

The answer is simple:
It's a relict of the past. No need to change this.

One of my tasks on the todo list is to cleanup the download area from
old files. It seems I should do this next to prevent any further
efforts. ;-)

Marcus

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:20:56 +0200
> From: Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl>
> Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.
>
> On 31/07/2013 Henk P. Penning wrote:
>>  The only concern now is dist/incubator/ooo ;
>>  -- incubator/ooo now only has 3.4.1
>>  -- it is on the mirrors
>>  -- for 3.4.1 (and older versions)
>>  http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html
>>  does NOT point to incubator/ooo anymore ;
>>  it points to archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>>  for stuff that once was in dist/incubator/ooo.
>
> Exactly.
>
>>  -- if there are no other download pages pointing to
>>  www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo
>>  then dist/incubator/ooo can be safely removed.
>>  Agree? Or are there other issues I forget?
>
> Checksums in
> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html
> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.1_checksums.html
> were still linking to www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo and I've now fixed
> this too, as clarified by Marcus and Sebb.

   Looking at the 3.4.0_checksums.html page, in the "This is how
   you verify ..." section I see occurrences of

     keys/group/ooo.asc

   That's renamed to

     keys/group/openoffice.asc

> There is only one remaining occurrence, in
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
> but I didn't touch it (Marcus probably knows what's best to do here).

   Looking at

     http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js

   I see (*) : var MIRROR_APACHE_URL =

       "http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/";

   ... that should be

       "http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/";

   ... and should become

       "http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/openoffice/";

   Pointer (*) refers to

      http://apache.hippo.nl/incubator/ooo/

   ... which is a apache-dist-most mirror ; no AOO stuff.

> Then dist/incubator/ooo can die.

   RIP.

>   Andrea.

   Groeten,

   Henk Penning

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, janI wrote:

> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:33:50 +0200
> From: janI <ja...@apache.org>
> To: dev <de...@openoffice.apache.org>
> Cc: janI <ja...@apache.org>, Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl>,
>     "private@openoffice.apache.org" <pr...@openoffice.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.
>
> Moving conversation to dev@

> On 31 July 2013 13:28, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>       On 7/31/13 1:07 PM, janI wrote:
>       > Hi.
>       >
>       > Based on a discussion today on IRC, I would like to draw your
>       attention
>       > to the following challenge. henkp is cc because he is the
>       infra person
>       > doing the rsync magic.
>       >
>       > ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the
>       project
>       > graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored
>       under
>       > incubator.
>       >
>       > As part of cleaning rsync, infra want to enforce the policy,
>       but of
>       > course respect and understand our need to have 3.4.1 available
>       to users
>       > (especially because 3.4.1 contains languages not released in
>       4.0).
>       >
>       > I see the following possibilities:
>       >
>       > 1) remove openoffice from incubator, but leave version 3.3.0
>       and 3.4.1
>       > (with language packs) on the SF mirror. This is preferred by
>       infra.
>
> +1 to keep it on SF

   This getting confused very quickly. As far as I'm concerned
   (or infra) nothing changes on SF, until the next AOO release.

   The only concern now is dist/incubator/ooo ;

   -- incubator/ooo now only has 3.4.1
   -- it is on the mirrors
   -- for 3.4.1 (and older versions)
      http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html
      does NOT point to incubator/ooo anymore ;
      it points to archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
      for stuff that once was in dist/incubator/ooo.
   -- if there are no other download pages pointing to
      www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo
      then dist/incubator/ooo can be safely removed.

   Agree? Or are there other issues I forget?

   If there ever comes a 3.4.2, we'll then consider the options.

> > 3) persuade infra to keep incubator for 3.4.1, but limit the footprint
> > as much as possible, remove 3.3.0 and put a timelimit up.
> >

>       I believe we can manage to move it out of the incubator in some
>       way.
>
>       > We are also adviced, that if/when we change our layout infra
>       need to be
>       > adviced well in advance. In my opinion we should consider not
>       using
>       > externaldist, but have the total release in one folder with
>       subfolders.
>
> Well externaldist was not our idea and I copied the files in this
> structure of advice from infra. We should first clarify what's
> preferred
> here. "externaldist" caused some confusion and extra work on our side
> as well.

   ... I'm not happy with "externaldist" also. But it is another matter.
   The plan now is (if AOO agrees) :
   -- to exclude dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries for the mirrors
   -- to copy 4.0.0/binaries into dist/openoffice/4.0.0/binaries
   -- to create a new module for SF (and communicate this with SF) ;
      this would NOT change the 4.0.0 files on SF ; it would just
      change (a little) the way SF gets the binaries.

   The third issue is "putting 4.0.0 binaries on the mirrors" ;
   there was some demand on mirrors.a.o.

   Can we, for now limit the discussion on 'incubator/ooo' ?

   Maybe Jurgen and I can discuss 'externaldist' off-line ; if
   Jurgen is comfortable with that ; if necessary we can discuss
   a proposal here later.

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof BBL-761   _/ \_
Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL      F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 01/08/2013 Henk P. Penning wrote:
>> Well, would at least be possible to put a symlink named
>> "1.x-3.x" in http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/ that goes to
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/ ?
> IMHO symlinks and redirects reduce simplicity and clarity,
> because it soons turns into a confusing 'spaghetti' that
> is hard to document or understand for future maintainers.
> Users don't care where old stuff lives ; they just click urls.

OK. In the end, I updated
http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html
with a link to the Apache Incubator archives (for versions 1.x-3.x) and
one to the current Apache Archives (4.x and later).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:06:42 +0200
> From: Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl>
> Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.
>
> On 31/07/2013 Henk P. Penning wrote:
>> >  If I understood correctly, we will also have to consolidate the
>> >  archives so that
>> >  http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>> >  and
>> >  http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/
>> >  are merged.
>>
>>     Absolutely not ; such changes in archive.apache.org
>>     are never made ; archive.a.o/dist/ is just a copy
>>     of www.apache.org/dist/ without deletes.

Hi Andrea,

> I see. Well, would at least be possible to put a symlink named "1.x-3.x" in
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/ that goes to
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/ ?

   IMHO symlinks and redirects reduce simplicity and clarity,
   because it soons turns into a confusing 'spaghetti' that
   is hard to document or understand for future maintainers.

   Users don't care where old stuff lives ; they just click urls.

   Nevermind ; if you want it, here is how:

   I can create a symlink for you on archive.apache.org

     dist/openoffice/3.3 => ../incubator/ooo/3.3

   [ ... or AOO could add the link to dist/openoffice and remove it later ;
     the link would remain in archive.a.o, of course.
   ]

   Maybe it is better to use a 'Redirect'.
   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

   In dist/openoffice you can add a .htaccess-archive file

     Redirect /3.3/ http://archive.apache.org/dist/ooo/3.3/
     Redirect /3.4.0/ http://archive.apache.org/dist/ooo/3.4.0/
     etc

   A ".htaccess-archive" file only has meaning on archive.apache.org.

>                                                 It really doesn't make sense
> to have our archives split in two places, especially considering that the
> "incubator" part contains old files that were released years before
> OpenOffice entered incubation.
>
> This would allow at least to use
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/
> as our only archive URL.

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/ ? It really doesn't make

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:08:53 +0200
> From: Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl>
> Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Hi Andrea,

> What is important is that the Apache archives (so, not all the mirrors, but
> at least the archives) contain all legacy versions of OpenOffice[.org] from
> 1.x to 3.4.1.

   Stuff is never deleted from archive.apache.org ; so that's ok.

> Coordinating with Henk and Infra, I've already done, over the last weeks, a
> significant number of updates to
> http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html
> and other pages to redirect links to the archives, and I have some still
> pending.

   Ah, thanks for the info.

> If I understood correctly, we will also have to consolidate the archives so
> that
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
> and
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/
> are merged.

   Absolutely not ; such changes in archive.apache.org
   are never made ; archive.a.o/dist/ is just a copy
   of www.apache.org/dist/ without deletes.

>   Andrea.

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
janI wrote:
>>> ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the project
>>> graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored under
>>> incubator.

What is important is that the Apache archives (so, not all the mirrors,
but at least the archives) contain all legacy versions of
OpenOffice[.org] from 1.x to 3.4.1.

Coordinating with Henk and Infra, I've already done, over the last
weeks, a significant number of updates to
http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html
and other pages to redirect links to the archives, and I have some still
pending.

If I understood correctly, we will also have to consolidate the archives
so that
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
and
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/
are merged.

When this is done, for me it's fine to remove 3.3.0 and 3.4.1 from the
Apache mirrors (or the subset of Apache mirrors that are serving them at
the moment) keeping only the copy in the archives.

The number of languages that are released in 3.4.1 but not in 4.0.0 is
small, so it should not generate a huge traffic, and I hope that we can
fill the gap soon.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/01/2013 01:31 AM, schrieb sebb:
> On 31 July 2013 21:31, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> INHO it is fine to keep 3.4.1 and early on archive.apache.org and SF
>>> only, provided Infra is OK with us pointing our website links for the
>>> hashes and signatures of 3.4.1 and earlier to archive and not to the
>>> dist.  I don't think the bandwidth will be significant for these.
>>

>> I was told that these files must be linked from "www.apache.org/dist/" only
>> and always. If we can get now an exception for "archive.apache.org/dist/" -
>> hey, it's hosted by Apache, too :-) - this would be good.
>
> www.apache.org/dist/ - current release(s)
> archive.apache.org/dist/ - archived releases
>
> See:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#location
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#when-to-archive

Thanks

Marcus

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Moving conversation to dev@
>

> On 31 July 2013 13:28, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 7/31/13 1:07 PM, janI wrote:
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > Based on a discussion today on IRC, I would like to draw your attention
>> > to the following challenge. henkp is cc because he is the infra person
>> > doing the rsync magic.
>> >
>> > ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the project
>> > graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored under
>> > incubator.
>> >
>> > As part of cleaning rsync, infra want to enforce the policy, but of
>> > course respect and understand our need to have 3.4.1 available to users
>> > (especially because 3.4.1 contains languages not released in 4.0).
>> >
>> > I see the following possibilities:
>> >
>> > 1) remove openoffice from incubator, but leave version 3.3.0 and 3.4.1
>> > (with language packs) on the SF mirror. This is preferred by infra.
>>
>> +1 to keep it on SF
>>

>> > 2) remove 3.3.0 since its a legacy version, and move 3.4.1 parallel to
>> > 4.0. This is however an expensive operation for all mirror, and should
>> > only be done if we anticipate patches for 3.4.1
>> >

>> Removing 3.3 is ok to me but I see demand for keeping 3.4.1. Having it
>> besides 4.0 would be natural but needs some work in the download scripts
>

> Just for me, do you prefer 1) or 2) ... I personally dont see a big need to
> keep 3.4.1 on our servers.

INHO it is fine to keep 3.4.1 and early on archive.apache.org and SF
only, provided Infra is OK with us pointing our website links for the
hashes and signatures of 3.4.1 and earlier to archive and not to the
dist.  I don't think the bandwidth will be significant for these.

-Rob

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/31/2013 01:33 PM, schrieb janI:
> Moving conversation to dev@
>

> On 31 July 2013 13:28, Jürgen Schmidt<jo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 7/31/13 1:07 PM, janI wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Based on a discussion today on IRC, I would like to draw your attention
>>> to the following challenge. henkp is cc because he is the infra person
>>> doing the rsync magic.
>>>
>>> ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the project
>>> graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored under
>>> incubator.
>>>
>>> As part of cleaning rsync, infra want to enforce the policy, but of
>>> course respect and understand our need to have 3.4.1 available to users
>>> (especially because 3.4.1 contains languages not released in 4.0).
>>>
>>> I see the following possibilities:
>>>
>>> 1) remove openoffice from incubator, but leave version 3.3.0 and 3.4.1
>>> (with language packs) on the SF mirror. This is preferred by infra.
>>
>> +1 to keep it on SF
>>

>>> 2) remove 3.3.0 since its a legacy version, and move 3.4.1 parallel to
>>> 4.0. This is however an expensive operation for all mirror, and should
>>> only be done if we anticipate patches for 3.4.1
>>>

>> Removing 3.3 is ok to me but I see demand for keeping 3.4.1. Having it
>> besides 4.0 would be natural but needs some work in the download scripts
>>

> Just for me, do you prefer 1) or 2) ... I personally dont see a big need to
> keep 3.4.1 on our servers.

+1 to keep 3.4.1. But no need on Apache servers. On SF it should be enough.

Marcus