Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Udit Mehta <um...@groupon.com> on 2015/05/12 02:24:19 UTC

Storage Based Authorization

Hi,

I have enabled storage based authorization in the hive metastore by adding
the following configs to hive-site:

>   <property>
>     <name>hive.security.authorization.enabled</name>
>     <value>true</value>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hive.security.authorization.manager</name>
>
>  <value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider</value>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hive.server2.enable.doAs</name>
>     <value>true</value>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hive.security.metastore.authorization.manager</name>
> <value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider</value>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hive.warehouse.subdir.inherit.perms</name>
>     <value>true</value>
>   </property>

These configs work fine when I try to run hive using the hive-cli. But when
I try to connect to the thrift server(hive-server2) using beeline, these
configs dont seem to take effect.
Is there any other config I need to add to enable Storage Based
Authorization in the thrift server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Udit