Posted to users@maven.apache.org by huser <mp...@atxg.com> on 2009/10/30 19:40:29 UTC

artifacts associated with a WAR

Hi,

We use Maven WAR plugin for generating WAR. Is there a way to see the
artifacts associated with a WAR.

I know that we can see useful info using mvn help:effective-pom on the
source code. But how can I see the same on a WAR file ? We deploy the WARS
to nexus.

TIA,

Re: artifacts associated with a WAR

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> mvn help:effective-pom shows the outout in the project POM.xml and the source
> tree.
>
> I want to see the same information on a WAR/EAR/JAR/ZIP file.

Java simply does not support what you're asking for out of the box
(thus Maven was created).

Artifacts built with Maven include a pom.xml file inside the ear/war/jar eg:
dear-2.1.2.ear!\META-INF\maven\com.xyz\dear\pom.xml

Perhaps that will be sufficient? If not, there may be something built
into Nexus -- but you'd have to ask on their Users list.

Wayne

Re: artifacts associated with a WAR

Posted by huser <mp...@atxg.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.