Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Lynn Monson <lm...@flipdog.com> on 2000/12/15 01:45:39 UTC

Adding JUnit to ./tools

Now that we've upgraded ANT, how about adding JUnit (http://www.junit.org)
to the suite of build tools for Xerces?  For those unfamiliar it, JUnit is a
simple unit/regression test tool and class library developed by Kent Beck
(of Xtreme Programming fame) and Erich Gamma (of GOF fame).  I've seen it
used very effectively in other projects.  Since JUnit is directly supported
by ANT, it's a natural fit for adding pass/fail tests to the Xerces build.

Re: Adding JUnit to ./tools

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
All right, admitedly a lot of people are off for the holidays but I
haven't heard anybody being against this, and given that I really don't
see why anybody would I decided to go ahead and add along with the Range
test Lynn contributed.
If anybody had a _really_ good reason for not doing this we could always
remove it...

Re: Adding JUnit to ./tools

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Looks like a great idea to me. Anything that can help improve quality is
good!
If only we could get a bug tracking system back in place we may start
having some kind of control on this project... ;-)

+1