Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> on 2015/11/04 19:56:33 UTC

Target Version in Jira

Historically there has always been a confusion about Fix Version. To reduce
that confusion, I  requested asf infra to add target version field for Hive
jira and they promptly added that. So, now we have an additional target
version for jira tickets. If you are creating new ticket, it will show up
on "Create" screen. If you want to add the field on previously created
jira, just hit "edit" button and it will show up.

Just to reiterate purpose of two fields:

Fix Version : Earliest version on which patch for that jira has landed. It
should be updated *after* commit has been made.
Target Version : Earliest version on which you are aiming to land the
patch. It should be updated *before* commit has been made.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Re: Target Version in Jira

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ashutosh, this is much clearer.  I'll update JIRA Guidelines
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-JIRAGuidelines>
.

-- Lefty

Re: Target Version in Jira