Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by antoniom <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 14:14:47 UTC

Zookeeper SASL Vs Curator

Hi there,

First congrats for the great work you are doing with Zookeeper guys.
Not sure if this is the correct address to place my question. Please let me
know if it's the wrong one.

I was wondering if someone is aware of any issue trying to use Curator
against a Zookeeper Server that is set to use SASL.

I have a zookeeper server with:

"-Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\apps\zookeeper-3.4.3\jaas.conf"
and
authProvider.1=org.apache.zookeeper.server.auth.SASLAuthenticationProvider
and using the zkClient.sh everything works fine.

When I try to do any operation using a Curator client I always get a
KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /path

no matter if I pass
System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config","C:\\path\\to\\jaas.conf");
before setting the Curator client.

I'm using zookeeper 3.4.3 and Curator 1.1.5 (but I've tried with ZK 3.4.2 as
well)

Thanks
Antonio

Re: Zookeeper SASL Vs Curator

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.
It sounds like you're not setting the correct ACL in your Curator use.
Curator supports ACLs.

FYI - this issue might be better to post at
https://github.com/Netflix/curator/issues (a Curator mailing list is
coming soon).

-JZ